Personal Injury Lawyers | Property Damages Lawyers Oshawa | TMB Law
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-544,page-child,parent-pageid-221,bridge-core-2.2,ajax_updown_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-20.7,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_bottom,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.1,vc_responsive

Small Claims

Small Claims

In small claims court, you may sue for money or the return of a personal property valued at an amount of $35,000 or less, plus some costs and interest.

For you to sue a business or person in a small claims court, your claim may fall into one of the following:

Debt collection for the following:

  • unpaid accounts for goods or services sold and delivered
  • unpaid loans
  • unpaid rent
  • NSF (non-sufficient funds) cheques
  • Unpaid invoices

Claims for damages, such as,

  • property damage
  • personal injuries
  • breach of contract

If you want to sue for more than $35,000, you will have to take your case to the Superior Court of Justice (“civil court”).

Small Claim’s court is sometimes the only answer after negotiations to settle the matter have failed. Contact TMB Law for a free consultation.